Monday 20 May 2013

Delicious Dining Room With A Modern Country Colour Scheme


Hey peeps,

How was your weekend? We had the most marvellous weather on Sunday afternoon, here in the Cotswolds, and I was able to make the very most of it by whiling away a few hours at a friend's beautiful garden. We swapped plants, tips, design ideas and generally had a very lovely time indeed.

COCOCOZY: TOBI TOBIN'S HOME 3

How's this for a stunningly put-together Modern Country Dining Room?

COCOCOZY: TOBI TOBIN'S HOME 1

I love the wall colour - I suspect Farrow and Ball's Lamp Room Gray, or Benjamin Moore's Gray Horse have been involved somewhere here.

COCOCOZY: TOBI TOBIN'S HOME 3

Doesn't the grey look crisp and fresh in contrast with the woodwork and ceiling in pure white? I love the clever mix of brown's...the light, wardrobe, table blinds and that fake bird cage....

COCOCOZY: TOBI TOBIN'S HOME 2

Yes, I said 'fake', 'bird' and 'cage'. Together. In a row. Never thought I'd get the chance to say that out loud. ;-)


This is another marvellous example of how a really simple colour palette - grey, white and brown; the classic Modern Country colour scheme - can make a room absolutely sing.

{Have you tried it yet?}


All images via House Beautiful

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





9 comments :

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

That wardrobe looks a lot like a britton wardrobe. The round carving are quite typical, but I'm no expert. My dining-room is currently displaying a lovely drywall green colour. Does that count as Modern Country?

Unknown said...

A redecoration of our bedroom is on the cards ... grey is top of my wish list xx

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

You know this post has inspired me..I have painted my l.room and d.room a similar grey and kept thinking I needed everything to be white(which its not) but after seeing this room..theres hope!!!! Many thanks for a truly inspiring post!!!

Cindy said...

Very pretty and classy, I love the grey and beige with white, too.
Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Totally agree, a simple colour palette and the correct choice of furniture is all you need. This room is beautiful, I love the rustic table and the choice of fabric chairs as opposed to wood - great contrast. The grey walls are perfect against the white - it gives real definition. The large wall unit in heavy carved wood is a great feature piece that completes the scheme.

Home Stars said...

What a beautiful dining room. It is so elegant, I love it!
Modern Dining Room Sets
Oval Dining Table And Chairs

Blogger said...

Hey everybody, If you love building sheds like I do, here's a great site for you to download shed plans:

Get access to 12,000 shed plans

Blogger said...

Gain your access to 16,000 woodworking plans.

Teds Woodworking has over 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, pictures and blueprints to make every project laughably easy...

Home Stars said...

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.
Chairs For Dining Table
Mattress Stores Denver
Furniture Stores In Denver Colorado

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10